- American Express brought welcome bonuses to two small-business cards.
- This should help drive more volume and maintain its Q2 growth trajectory.
Amex added welcome bonuses for two of its small-business credit cards that previously did not offer signup perks.
- Blue Business Plus cardholders can earn 15,000 membership rewards points when they spend $3,000 in eligible purchases in the first three months of card membership.
- Blue Business Cash cardholders are eligible for $250 in statement credits when they spend $3,000 in purchases in the first three months of obtaining the card.
Both cards also offer 0% introductory APR on purchases for the first 12 months after opening an account. This is on top of existing rewards offered by both cards, like QuickBooks integration, rental
, and the ability to spend above the credit limit depending on factors like credit record and payment history.
Updating and adding new rewards helped Amex induce credit card spending in Q2 as credit card appetite rose—the same method could prove successful this quarter as the issuer works to maintain volume growth.
Amex’s welcome bonuses could push small businesses toward credit cards, which overall were the second-most-popular financing product tool sought by small businesses last October, according to a report by the
. And Amex is moving deeper into small business solutions—the issuer recently introduced small-business
, for example.
Want to read more stories like this one? Here’s how you can gain access:
- Join other Insider Intelligence clients who receive Payments & Commerce forecasts, briefings, charts, and research reports to their inboxes each day. >> Become a Client
- Explore related topics more in depth. >> Browse Our Coverage
Current subscribers can access the entire Insider Intelligence content archive here.